Extensive Reading's good points


In my college life, I studied English at home and at school, I took English exams, I read books of English conversation. But when I studied English and thought that it was “difficult”, I felt tired feelings and my motivation disappeared. I did my homework, read a story, answered some questions, and wrote my impression, but if I didn't understand the sentences, I stopped reading…… But if you do it like that, the deadline will surely come. Even school and examinations come. I can’t not do my homework. Then, how can you motivate yourself? It is good if you can enjoy studying English. If you enjoy studying English, and you can think you want to learn English better, you can do your homework enjoyably. If so, how can you study and have fun? About that, I would like to introduce my ideas on this blog. Of course, it is my recommended study method, but your feelings of studying may change. Please try it.
This theme is extensive reading. At Tsurumi University, we have an event called reader marathon. It is an event to read many English books and compete by how many total number of words we read. This type of event has been adopted by many schools. By doing extensive reading, your English skill can improve and you will change before you notice it. I actually continued it. The type of book I read gradually changed from easy to a little difficult. At the beginning, I didn’t understand the talk or couldn't come up with conversation when speaking to native teacher, so translated teacher's talk by friends that I thought sorry. I didn’t talk much with the teacher. However, while continuing the reader marathon as much as I could, I began to talk with the teacher. I became able to understand the words and started to talk frequently. I wondered, "When did I start to understand."

First, you should choose foreign books for small children. It’s ok. And choose what you think is easy for you to read. When you read the book, if you think, I can’t read it, or
you get tired, you can choose another book and its okay. What you shouldn’t do is use a dictionary. But when you really want to understand it, you write it in notepad, you can look it up at the end, or I think that you can look it up at that time. I belonging ESS club, in this club, club's members are continue reading English books. I asked the people about the effect. And then the voice that they became liked book more, improved English ability and reading comprehension, and the score of TOEIC was improved. There are others who do not have resistance to reading English books, and they became able to understand the story more than before. They can understand a sentence even if they don’t know some words. Now they are selling some books with a CD, So you can understand the story contents with your ears, and listening skill goes up too.


In this way, English skill will surely improve by reading foreign books. Tsurumi University’s library also has many foreign books. If you read for the first time, I recommend the series “Oxford Reading Tree”.

 
 
If you get used to it you may want to read the Ladder series. Some books are sold that are written in Japanese on the right and English on the left, so it may be good to read it.









 
It’s a book so you can read it anytime and you can read it on the train or at school. Oh, of course, don’t read during class! Please read English books and foreign books.
 
Good Points

Learn to like books more

Improve English ability and reading comprehension

TOEIC score improves

Decrease resistance to reading English books

Become able to understand the story more than before

Become able to understand sentence even if you don’t know all the words

With audio books, you can understand the story with your ears, so listening skill goes up.



Don’t have to do things

Don’t use a dictionary or use it after reading

When you read the book, if you think, I can’t read it or you thought that you got tired, you can change to another book and its okay.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

Watching Overseas Drama for Learning English

Diary