Watching Overseas Drama for Learning English


This time I would like to write about using overseas drama for learning English.

If you watch an overseas drama once, you will be captivated and you will want to watch it again, right? Overseas dramas are different from Japan, and the story is very long.

 

There are many good points that you can learn English by watching drama. First, listening skills will improve with the English voice. Moreover, it becomes easier to understand English with subtitles. More than anything, the conversation used in overseas drama has expressions that can be used even in our daily life. I think it's an effective way to learn English it you are interested or you watch a drama you like. And if you watch any overseas drama series, you will hear the same words many times. Listening to it, you can understand that "this expression has come again and can be used in this scene and various places". I think that it is easiest to learn English most by watching the drama you like.

 

TSUTAYA has various overseas dramas and if you toll ok, you can also watch dramas on TV, PC or mobile phone.

I watched the Vampire Diaries.

 クリックすると新しいウィンドウで開きます

 

I searched the overseas drama rankings at TSUTAYA.

1 DESIGNATED SURVIVOR

2 CASTLE

3 GRAY'S ANATOMY

4 NCIS: NAVAL CRIMINAL INVESTIGATIVE SERVI

5 SCORPION

TSUTAYA's ranking URL: https://movie-tsutaya.tsite.jp/netdvd/dvd/hotrankingGenreWeekly.do?genreID=00014&pT=0
 

 

 

Next, I will introduce expressions that can be use in our daily life.

1 Seriously?

2 Excuse me

3 I'm so sorry


"Seriously?" means “Are you sure?”
 
"Excuse me?" means “What did you say?” You can also use it when you want someone to repeat or when you get angry.

"I'm so sorry" is used when you really apologize to your friend. Sometimes you can use “so” up to 3 times.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

Extensive Reading's good points

Diary